1) The drug development process [1h]
2) Basic notions of Pharmacokinetics [2h] and Pharmacodynamics [2h] relevant to modelling in oncology
3) Systems Pharmacology, Pharmacometrics and modelling & simulation applied to drug development [3h]
4) Preclinical in vitro modelling of tumor growth inhibition [1.5h]
5) Preclinical in vivo modelling of tumor growth inhibition, Simeoni model and other models [2h]
6) Integrated biomarker and tumor growth models [2h]
7) Role of surrogate clinical endpoints [2h]
8) Effects of drug combination [1.5h]
9) Safety/toxicity issues [2h]
Kloft, C. (2013). Pharmacometrics and systems biology in oncology: Is there an intersection?. International journal of clinical pharmacology and therapeutics, 51(1), 89-90.
Sharma, M. R., Maitland, M. L., & Ratain, M. J. (2012). Models of excellence: improving oncology drug development. Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 92(5), 548-550.
van Hasselt, J. C., & van der Graaf, P. H. (2015). Towards integrative systems pharmacology models in oncology drug development. Drug Discovery Today: Technologies, 15, 1-8.
Venkatakrishnan, K., Friberg, L. E., Ouellet, D., Mettetal, J. T., Stein, A., Trocóniz, I. F., … & Mould, D. R. (2015). Optimizing Oncology Therapeutics Through Quantitative Translational and Clinical Pharmacology: Challenges and Opportunities. Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 97(1), 37-54.
Course notes, provided.